Defender 4 port Nyjer Feeder
- 30 years experience in biodiversity
- Ireland's Leading Wildlife Care Specialists
- Supporting Wildlife Partners across Ireland and Europe
Nyjer seed is particularly fine - too fine for a standard seed feeder - and should be fed from one of our specialist Nyjer feeders designed with smaller gauge feeding ports than standard seed feeders to minimise the amount of food that is lost from the feeder.
Nyjer Seed was introduced to the European wild bird food market by us many years ago. This fine textured seed, rich in oil, is often regarded as a highly beneficial food for garden birds and is thought to have played a significant role in increasing population numbers of Goldfinch and other declining species, such as Lesser Redpolls in recent years. Offering Nyjer can help to attract these species to your garden if you have them in the area.
Please Note: we do not recommend purchasing a nyjer feeder unless you already have the species mentioned above visiting your garden.
Feeder heights shown include fully extended handle.
- Protection from Squirrels
- Resilient to squirrel damage but still allows them to access the food