What are cookies?
Cookies are small text files placed on your computer, tablet or phone by the website you are visiting (providing you agree to accept them). Generally, there are three different types of cookies:
- Session cookies: These are regarded as essential cookies and are often used by online shops to make your browsing and purchasing experience easier. They allow you to keep items in your basket when shopping online as you move from page to page. Without them, your basket would empty every time you view a different page on the site. Some sites, such as online banking maintain security with session cookies. You will not normally be asked for your permission to allow session cookies to be placed on your online device, as they are temporary files that do not store or locate your personal information. Session cookies automatically cease to exist when your browsing session with that webshop ends.
- Permanent or Persistent cookies: These are regarded as non-essential cookies. If you decide to allow these cookies, depending on their purpose, they can remain in operation after you have closed the browsing session. Their purposes can be to remember your login details and password, so you don’t have to type them in every time you visit the site (we do not use these), or to remember your ‘wish list’ for products you do not require immediately but wish us to remember for you (we do use these). Permanent or Persistent cookies are usually set to auto expire after a certain period of time, so for example, if you do not visit our site for a period of 1 month, any permanent or persistent cookies that we have placed on your online device will automatically cease to exist.
- Third-party cookies: These are regarded as non-essential cookies, installed by third parties such as Google Analytics and TradeTracker.com with the purpose of collecting information to help us understand visitor trends and identify service improvements. They also allow us to reward referral sites fairly. They can be used for anonymous profiling and in some cases will process your device’s unique internet protocol (IP) address, for analytical purposes. Although we only allow carefully considered 3rd parties to place their cookies on your device, you should be aware that these cookies can be permanent or persistent and might be able to identify you. To learn more about behavioral advertising please visit www.youronlinechoices.com/uk/
Unless your browser is set up to prevent cookies, when you visit our webshop, your device will automatically receive one or several cookies, which are transferred from this webshop or 3rd party domains to your internet browser. The first time you visit our webshop, you will be asked if you accept these cookies by clicking on an ‘Opt-In’ box. If you choose not to accept these cookies, then there is nothing for you to do except navigate to another page. The cookies already loaded onto your device will expire immediately.
For more information on cookies and how to manage and delete them, you can visit the ICO website.
Your rights regarding cookies:
- We will always give you the right to prevent us from placing cookies on your computer, tablet or phone.
- Accepting cookies is not a pre-requisite of shopping with us, or simply browsing our webshops. However, blocking session cookies will seriously worsen your browsing experience and in many cases will prevent you from placing an order.
- You can adjust your browser’s settings at any time to manage how your device deals with cookies.
- You can delete cookies at any time through the settings function of your web browser.
- For non-essential cookies, we will ask your permission to place these on your device by means of a simple ‘Opt-In’ tick box.